Professional caregivers or family members often struggle to find a way through which they can preserve the independence and dignity of the elderly member. They look out for solutions that create a perfect balance between safety and care while also allowing the elderly to enjoy their freedom. The majority of the elderly do not prefer to age in a healthcare environment and like to stay at their home or some relative’s home. Thus, for keeping up with the health problems of the elderly, caregivers usually look for services and products that can help the elderly with their day-to-day activities.
If you are a caregiver and are looking for such products, a portable intercom system elderly can be an excellent choice. Rather than waiting for an unwanted event which can hurt or disable the elderly, such systems should be purchased as soon as age starts affecting the quality of the life of the elderly.
Hearing impairments, problems related to balance and coordination, limited vision, limited reach, poor strength and muscle control, signs of other diseases, etc. are some of the problems in which an intercom for elderly can be of great help.
But with all the different types of options available in the market, it can be very difficult for a caregiver to choose an intercom for elderly. Thus, to make the process easier, we have an excellent option worth considering- the Smart Caregiver Two Call Buttons & Wireless Caregiver Pager (TL-5102TP). Reasonably priced and easy to use, this wireless intercom for the elderly creates an important thread between the elderly and the caregiver. Continue reading to know more about the features of this intercom system.
- Easy to Use – The wireless intercom for elderly includes two call buttons and a pager. The elderly care-receiver can easily press the call button whenever they need any help, and the caregiver will be alerted through the pager. The wireless system has a range of 150-300 feet, enabling the elderly to continue with their daily routine without needing continuous surveillance of the caregiver. Even if the caregiver is in any other part of the home, elders can alert them conveniently by pressing the call button.
- Wearable Call Buttons – While the call buttons come with mounting brackets, screws and double-sided tape which can be used to install the buttons in strategic locations, like headboard of the bed or other places which can be easily accessed by the elderly, they also come with lanyard straps. With the help of the lanyard straps, the elderly can easily wear the button around their neck as a pendant for enhanced convenience. The buttons are compact and will not cause any inconvenience when worn around the neck.
- Visual and Audible Alert on Pager – When the call button is pressed, the caregiver receives visual as well as audible alerts on the pager to ensure that they never miss any alert. There are two audible alarms, and the noise of the alarm can also be adjusted. Moreover, the pager is compact in size and caregivers can easily carry them in their pockets or clip them to their belts.
- Powered by Batteries – The intercom for elderly is powered by batteries. The pager requires 2 x AA batteries and the call button require a 12v battery each. For complete convenience, the batteries are already included in the package. The average battery life of the system is 720 hours to ensure that you don’t have to replace the batteries now and then.
- Manufacturer- Smart Caregiver
- Model No- TL-5102TP
- Color- White/Green
- Dimensions- 5.5 x 5.5 x 1.2 inches
- Coverage- 150-300 feet
- Batteries Included- Yes
- Battery Life- 720 hours
- Warranty- 90-days warranty
- Includes 2 call buttons and one pager
- Easy to use
- Compact and lightweight call buttons and pager
- Includes mounting bracket, screws and two-sided tape for installing the buttons
- Call button can be worn with the help of the included lanyard
- Wireless range of 150-300 feet depending on the environment
- Pager offers visual as well as audible alarm
- Two audio alarms
- Adjustable audio alarms on pager
- Batteries included
- Reasonably priced
- Comes with 90-days warranty
- Made in the USA
- Few reviews mention that the sound of the audio alarm on the pager could have been better
- Some buyers have indicated that the intercom systems wireless range, is very limited
Why Should You Buy It?
The Two Call Buttons & Wireless Caregiver Pager system from Smart Caregiver does a great job of allowing the caregivers to be there for the elderly when they need help. It’s easy to use and eliminates the need for the caregiver always to be with the elderly, which is not only difficult for the caregiver but also steals away the freedom of the elderly. The wireless call button elderly is reasonably priced and is an excellent tool to make the care giving process easier for the caregiver and care-receiving simpler for the elderly.
Portable Intercom systems for elderly allow the care-receiver to carry on with their day-to-day activities with complete peace of mind as they know that help is just a touch of a button away. Moreover, it also makes things easier for the caregiver as they don’t need to be with the elderly 24 x 7. Whenever the elderly need any assistance, they can just press a button and the caregiver will be alerted about the same and will be available to help them.
Many caregivers simply pick any standard cordless phones or baby monitors to help them with assisting the elderly. However, these systems are not exclusively designed for helping the elderly and can result in undesirable consequences. So, if you are a caregiver and are looking for a high-quality product to preserve the independence and dignity of an elderly while also staying available whenever they need you, wireless monitors for the elderly, like Smart Caregiver Two Call Buttons & Wireless Caregiver Pager (TL-5102TP) is what you should buy.
And if you are looking for other security tools and equipment, like security cameras, doorbells, etc. don’t forget to go through some other pages of our website.